The Saints random health advice

Any general topics go here
Sebastian Kreed

The Saints random health advice

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:20 am

Ok after today it was recomened I generate what to do when your cut for other idiots like me that do field work and weapon demonstrations. For some bizzare reason they think it was handled well. So I figured it wouldnt hurt to toss it up here for people I do care if something happens to them.

Before getting started - IF HURT CALL 911 GO TO HOSPITAL - but if thats not an option and you want to make the sale, keep pace with the SOCOM guys or your bat sh$%# nuts here is the following.....

Some random useful info if you find your self bleeding

You can loose about 2 coffee cups of blood and still keep your field effectiveness to 90 % or above IMPORTANT you only have 6 pints after the first pint goes your field effectiveness will start to expotentialy decrease.

Pain can be ignored but shock cant. The shakes, lethagy, chills are a damn good sign your working on borrowed time to fix the problem.

Ok you have 1 laseration and 1 punture wound, both on exstremeties. You have ignored them long enough to get the Job done (Nice job be proud and remeamber your an idiot with to much pride and a compleetly runed suit of tac cloathing -blood never comes out fully) You have 4 options
1- Preasure and pray
2- Stiches
3- Super glue
4- Burning

1- Preasure is wicked important but most the time its not going to fix the problem if its deep or large enough. Still do it regardless - a tight bandage even a makeshift one should buy you a bit more time.

2- Stiches are not as hard to do as you think. Pig feets, egg plants and pig intestines are really good stuff to pratice on. You can score the intestines and feet at any country burcher - just explain your a med student or emt ect and want to practice. Cash goes far with country burchers in my experiance. If the laseration is deep enough your need some internal as well as exsternal stiches. Make sure you practice with your right and left hand because you never know which hand you will be using.

3- Super glue works very well most the time. Just pinch and apply. You will end up with a very pronounced scare (just ask if you want to see one)and risk a severe infection if you dont dress it properly later. You have to watch for the hematomas that build up sometimes too. Regardless you bought yourself more time.

4- Burning- not advised - it smells reallys bad and the scare is horrible as well as the infection is almost garunteed. I have not tried it to myself but helped for another. Take a needle make sure your holding with gloves or plyers because by the time its red hot enough all of it will be wicked hot all the way through. Burn it inside up reheeting as needed. This will deffinetly seal the wound though. Again not advised.

This is assuming these wounds are in the meat only. IF you can see bone or ligaments forget about fixing it yourself. If it hit an artery dont worry your already dead by the time you finished reading this.

Fix which ever is leaking the most first. If both are equal fix the laseration first punture second.

Amusing semi usefull note. If your bleading from an arm let the blood pool up in you hand for a bit till its a decent handfull. Then toss it at your opponent face before you step in. Even if you miss the eyes, blood all over a person normalt tweeks the guy for a second wich is more than enough to to finish the fight before composure is regained.

K thats it for now - i am off for a bit of sleep before the game - I look forward to seeing everbody soon. :cheers:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

Lord Ix

Post by Lord Ix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:42 am

Whenever you post something like this I sometimes think "What did he do now?".

Most of the time I just think "I need to write this stuff down; it would make a really funny book."
"Nothing brings out the zest of life in a person like the thought of their impending death." - Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac

Look at all the pretty colors. It's like someone slit the throat of a baby rainbow.

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:09 am

I say, take a Red Cross First Aid class and learn what to do properly...

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:39 pm

havenmage wrote:I say, take a Red Cross First Aid class and learn what to do properly...
That and he forgot Tape ... it falls under the crazy glue .. is a little less advisable ... but can work in a pinch ... be forwarned .. the doctors will have to REMOVE the tape ... they will be ... unkind. .. It is their way.
"I'm waking up to ash and dust,
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.
I'm breathing in the chemicals.." --ID
------------------------------------------------------
"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
we were all equal in the end." --PF

Sebastian Kreed

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Tapes part of preasure but you are totaly right, thanks. I will add in tape, duck tape does fix everything. It does have a light side and a dark side and binds everything togeather after all.

I am out of the docs and I am on my way eta 3pm or sooner
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.