WARNING!! THIS IS A RANT

Any general topics go here
Sebastian Kreed

WARNING!! THIS IS A RANT

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi everybody - it was very nice to see everyone tonight. Please stop reading if you dont want to read a rant having nuthing to do with the game.

WHAT THE @#$@#%!@#%!#%#!%#@%@!#%@#%!@#%$ THEY KILLED CAPTAIN AMERICA OFF. WHAT UNBELIEVABLE BULL@#$%!. HE IS ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC CHARACTERS TO OUR AMERICAN WAY AND WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR IN REAL LIFE. SO IN THE INFINATE WISDOM OF THESE IDIOTS THEY DECIDE TO KILL AMERICAS HERO AFTER HE HAS BEEN ARESTED. I AM MIFFED. WHEN THEY KILLED SUPERMAN - I WAS NOT MOVED HE WAS A BLODDY ALIEN ANYWAYS AND WAS WAY TO MUCH OF A BOYSCOUT. CAPTAIN AMERICA FOUGHT THE NAZIS AND THE BALLS TO GET THE JOB DONE OK OK I AM JUST GOING TO STOP THERE BEFORE I GET REALLY NASTY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JOIN WITH YOUR OUTRAGE OF THE SENSLESS DEATH OF AMERICAS HERO.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:38 am

Comics: Death=Temporary
Comics: RIP="Result Isn't Permanent"

You are a touch behind the times. This is old news. The real news is that everything in civil war was a plot started by Tony Stark because of King Arthur. I still think that it was a S.H.I.E.L.D. LMD planted by Nick Fury. he has not been around and no one knows what he has been up to. If there was anyone else that had the same guts and a greater capacity for strategic thinking it is Fury. He is, after all, another one of the Super Soldiers from the "Great Patriotic War"...

...oh wait, that was the Sov name for it...

"Who watches the Watchmen?"

Lord Ix

Re: WARNING!! THIS IS A RANT

Post by Lord Ix » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:12 pm

Sebastian Kreed wrote: WHAT THE @#$@#%!@#%!#%#!%#@%@!#%@#%!@#%$ THEY KILLED CAPTAIN AMERICA OFF. WHAT UNBELIEVABLE BULL@#$%!. HE IS ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC CHARACTERS TO OUR AMERICAN WAY AND WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR IN REAL LIFE. SO IN THE INFINATE WISDOM OF THESE IDIOTS THEY DECIDE TO KILL AMERICAS HERO AFTER HE HAS BEEN ARESTED. I AM MIFFED. WHEN THEY KILLED SUPERMAN - I WAS NOT MOVED HE WAS A BLODDY ALIEN ANYWAYS AND WAS WAY TO MUCH OF A BOYSCOUT. CAPTAIN AMERICA FOUGHT THE NAZIS AND THE BALLS TO GET THE JOB DONE OK OK I AM JUST GOING TO STOP THERE BEFORE I GET REALLY NASTY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JOIN WITH YOUR OUTRAGE OF THE SENSLESS DEATH OF AMERICAS HERO.
Like Havenmage said, death is permanent in comics. They could be working on a comback that is representative of the American way - even if a vital blow is scored against America, America will comeback stronger.

Captain America has been around for a long time, so I doubt it is the end. I think the worst case scenario is that someone takes up the mantel that has more "modern" views.
"Nothing brings out the zest of life in a person like the thought of their impending death." - Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac

Look at all the pretty colors. It's like someone slit the throat of a baby rainbow.

Thanatar

Post by Thanatar » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:10 am

havenmage wrote:Comics: Death=Temporary
Comics: RIP="Result Isn't Permanent"

You are a touch behind the times. This is old news. The real news is that everything in civil war was a plot started by Tony Stark because of King Arthur. I still think that it was a S.H.I.E.L.D. LMD planted by Nick Fury. he has not been around and no one knows what he has been up to. If there was anyone else that had the same guts and a greater capacity for strategic thinking it is Fury. He is, after all, another one of the Super Soldiers from the "Great Patriotic War"...

...oh wait, that was the Sov name for it...

"Who watches the Watchmen?"
King... Arthur...?
Seriously?!?
(And the fact that I can't even tell if you're serious or not should pretty much say it all about the state of modern comics... On the other hand, Iron Man did meet Artie Rex during his trip to Camelot back around what, maybe issue #150, or perhaps in an annual, so maybe they've just been penpals for all these years...?)

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:33 am

Nope, he blamed his decision on that same visit of which you speak. I admitted this in an open confession to the corpse of the Big A himself.

Sebastian Kreed

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:44 pm

They still suck and if they had to kill him for a little wile they should have made it and epic death not a sniper wile in handcufs + a mind controled friend filling him with a gut of 45's. By the way that was a run on sentinence and I am not changing it after 50+ hours of building weapons :P.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:56 pm

It is not the first time Steve Rogers has stopped being Captain America. There was a period of time where he was not allowed to use the name and it was someone else in the costume. I think that Mr. S. Rogers would have no problem with someone else filling the uniform of they have the same devotion to America.