Spring Cleaning

Any general topics go here
havenmage

Spring Cleaning

Post by havenmage » Fri May 18, 2007 8:21 pm

It is spring, and I have the cleaning bug. Yup, hate it when this happens. I just spent three and a half hours cleaning.

I have dealt with the problem of the couch. There is a flush to the wall extension cord in the outlet now so there should be no more power interruptions when the couch is moved. I also cleaned up the network cables and got them up off the floor so it is easier to move back in there.

Good-bye dead plant things!

Most of my time today was spent cleaning my stove and the wall behind it. It is far better than it was before. I would appreciate that anyone using it endeavor to keep it so.

Next the cupboards and wall under the windows!

Excelsior!

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sat May 19, 2007 11:05 am

I started that wall a few weeks ago by sweeping it clean or it would have been worse
"I'm waking up to ash and dust,
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.
I'm breathing in the chemicals.." --ID
------------------------------------------------------
"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
we were all equal in the end." --PF

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Sun May 20, 2007 12:44 pm

That's it. As close to done as I am gonna get. I leave the steamer trunk, standing freezer, and metal shelves to my house mate.

I also got a lot done in the living room. All that is left is the entry nook stuff, if any of that can be moved, and personal spaces, Spyder's and mine.

Phoenix, I found your lap top's collar. It was in the space between the couch Thanatar sits on and Spyder's desk.

Next project the hall and the bathroom. Since I normally do the bathroom, it should be easy to do that. The hallway needs work though, big time. That is for another day. I wonder if I should do my bedroom first...

Spyder

Re: Spring Cleaning

Post by Spyder » Sun May 20, 2007 1:20 pm

havenmage wrote:
Most of my time today was spent cleaning my stove and the wall behind it. It is far better than it was before. I would appreciate that anyone using it endeavor to keep it so.
Excelsior!
well since there are only tow of us really cooking there this is pretty much directed at the only person (aside from Martin once) who has ever cleaned the stove. I don't ofter touch the sides or back shelf I will admit, but I keep the rest of the stove pretty clean. By the time I get back I should be able to clean the last bit of the kettle burn out of the kettle.
"I'm waking up to ash and dust,
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.
I'm breathing in the chemicals.." --ID
------------------------------------------------------
"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
we were all equal in the end." --PF

havenmage

Post by havenmage » Mon May 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Well, I suppose boys will be boys.

I just finished detailing the bathroom, and was taking out accumulated garbage, when I hear the distinct sound of water pouring out of something. Dashing to the bathroom, there is a steady flow of water coming from the crack over the toilet into my own. So I go upstairs and tell Gina who discovers that her son has decided to empty the bathtub unto the bathroom floor.

Just another great incident in her already wonderful day.

Greyhound

Post by Greyhound » Thu May 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Splish Splash!

Now the space between the two floors is moderately clean, ha!

It will be interesting to see all your hard work on Sunday, John! (Do you hire out, ha! Sadly, my house still looks pretty much the way it did when you and Gary would go there to get the kayaks - before I actually moved in! I need some time to really clean and the energy with which to do it!)