Car-less Again

Any general topics go here
Spyder

Car-less Again

Post by Spyder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 pm

For those that do not know, my car was struck in the night and left for dead ...
the rear driver's quarterPanel and light assembly were obliterated.

Although there is no major structural damage, and the car runs fine, they have seen fit to declare it total loss .. that means the handy dandy rental I have, lasts but 5 days ... 8 on the outside. I am investigating all avenues, but this may well take me out of the games in west seneca for some time if I can not procure another set of wheels.

Insurance is paying almost what I owe, so getting another one will be compounded by having to add that remainder to the next car ... but it isn't much so i think they might ... will update as I know more ...

K.H.
"I'm waking up to ash and dust,
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.
I'm breathing in the chemicals.." --ID
------------------------------------------------------
"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
we were all equal in the end." --PF

Sebastian Kreed

Re: Car-less Again

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:00 am

Damn that sucks man - did you file a police report and/or get a look at the bad guys. You could go after his/her/there insurance too......
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

Spyder

Re: Car-less Again

Post by Spyder » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:36 am

Although the perps were nice enough to leave me a large section of their car, this did not impress the local constabulary in any meaningful way.

Car was totalled out and I ended up, after a week of stressfull follies, getting another.

**EDIT**

Meanwhile I have an idea of what car may have done it ... no proof though .. there is one car driving around with the right damage and it is visible enough and in the hood often enough, where I really seriously doubt I would have missed seeing it before ... but I never seen it prior to that night ... if it WAS them .. they hit my car while traveling the wrong way down parkridge ... which could be why I did not see any cars when I investigated the loud bang...
"I'm waking up to ash and dust,
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.
I'm breathing in the chemicals.." --ID
------------------------------------------------------
"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
we were all equal in the end." --PF