Vale of the Vole

Any general topics go here
havenmage

Vale of the Vole

Post by havenmage » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:05 pm

So all ye lawn and garden and outsider types...

RxChick has moles in the yard.

What is the best way to handle the problem...?

I have several ideas, but that come across as the sort of solutions Lord Ix would use on little children....
"Baika no Jutsu!"

Lord Ix

Re: Vale of the Vole

Post by Lord Ix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:55 pm

"Nothing brings out the zest of life in a person like the thought of their impending death." - Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac

Look at all the pretty colors. It's like someone slit the throat of a baby rainbow.

Ariel

Post by Ariel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Was your only solution to play "Wack a Mole" with a shovel? :lol: That's what my step-mother & great grandmother used to do. My step mom would start up the lawnmower & push it around to get the poor things to panic & scurry about, and then my great grandmother would chase them with the shovel & wack them. I DO NOT condone such behavior.

Well, moles mean grubs. Get rid of those tasty morsels, & the moles will go elsewhere. I suggest milky spore. I would apply it to the flower beds as well as the lawn. It is a bacteria that specifically attacks japanese beetle larva (grubs). It will not harm anything else like earthworms or beneficial insects & such that keep the lawn healthy. This would only have to be applied once, but takes 3-5 years to reach full effect. During which, there would still be critters. You could also use a chemical grub killer. That would have to be applied yearly (I think) & you would see quicker results but you would kill everything in the soil, thus possibly creating additional lawn related problems.

We used milky spore.
"I was just going to look. With fire... and lightning... and reanimated chipmunks... and raccoons... on fire." :puppydogeyes:
-Richard (Looking For Group #92)

Sebastian Kreed

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm

WOW ix

I mean I am dark, very dark, hell I have done horrible things on multiple continents but the Kid comment thats hardcore........ Props to you sir :firedevil:

I can loan you some hardware if you want to sit outside and pick them off one by one Ama. Just let me know.

Hell put a gold piece bounty on them and you will at least get a couple of us hunting the little bastards for the GP. :snipersmile:

Holy crap Ariel you need to go as poison Ivey for holloween next year.You know your sh@#$!@. Very impreasive. (AND no that is not an excuse to see her in spandex - like any of you would complain though right) My Girl is think about doing Batgirl - Phoenix could do wonder woman....

UMM the above mentioned bounty is for live capture only...... really..... yeah thats it.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

phoenix
Duckie Goddess

Post by phoenix » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 am

Myrie works for squeeky toys. 8)
"I told you, that we could fly...
Cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why..."

POW POW PARN!

filemaniac
Chaos Pyro
Location: Riding the ever spiraling loop into the depths of doom...

Post by filemaniac » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Fire and demolitions...
Would you recognize me? / Call my name or walk on by? / Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling / Down, down, down...

Ariel

Post by Ariel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 am

NO HURTING THE POOR THINGS!!! They're only looking for food.

Besides, they're cute:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I was just going to look. With fire... and lightning... and reanimated chipmunks... and raccoons... on fire." :puppydogeyes:

Sebastian Kreed

Post by Sebastian Kreed » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 am

Ahhh crap...... grumble grumble

Yeah they are cute - I recend my offer of hardware and wholesale murder of the little buggers.... bolocks..... I could of really used the gold.....

Well that leaves the attack dog and the final scene of caddy shack.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.

Lord Ix

Post by Lord Ix » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:26 am

Sebastian Kreed wrote: Well that leaves the attack dog and the final scene of caddy shack.
Now, I'm not entire sure about this, but I think they want the house to remain intact and inhabitable. So, we may have to make plans around that particular requirement.

How is this: We feed them babies. When they become found of human flesh, we use more babies (or small children) as bait and capture them. Then, we ship them to all the people we don't like. This makes it suddenly not our problem, but there's. Then we have a party.

Wait. I don't think that will work. If PETA hears about it, they'll try to stop us. The last thing we need is a whiny actor making a commercial in the backyard. I'll think of something else ...
"Nothing brings out the zest of life in a person like the thought of their impending death." - Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac

Look at all the pretty colors. It's like someone slit the throat of a baby rainbow.

phoenix
Duckie Goddess

Post by phoenix » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am

There's something wrong with the picture of that mole, its missing its +2 soup spoon.

HAHAHAHAHA Caddyshack... I'm alright...

POW POW PARN!

Lord Ix

Post by Lord Ix » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:13 am

Phoenix wrote:There's something wrong with the picture of that mole, its missing its +2 soup spoon.
:twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phoenix
Duckie Goddess

Post by phoenix » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 am

Oh my... You have seriously just made my day!!!! :lol:

POW POW PARN!

filemaniac
Chaos Pyro
Location: Riding the ever spiraling loop into the depths of doom...

Post by filemaniac » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Sebastian Kreed wrote:Ahhh crap...... grumble grumble

Yeah they are cute - I recend my offer of hardware and wholesale murder of the little buggers.... bolocks..... I could of really used the gold.....

Well that leaves the attack dog and the final scene of caddy shack.
I'm still all for fire and demolitions...
Would you recognize me? / Call my name or walk on by? / Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling / Down, down, down...

Ariel

Post by Ariel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Lord Ix wrote:How is this: We feed them babies. When they become fond of human flesh, we use more babies (or small children) as bait and capture them. Then, we ship them to all the people we don't like. This makes it suddenly not our problem, but theirs. Then we have a party.

Wait. I don't think that will work. If PETA hears about it, they'll try to stop us. The last thing we need is a whiny actor making a commercial in the backyard. I'll think of something else ...
No, no. PETA is about ANIMAL rights. I don't think they would have a problem with it. We'd be saving the moles Image and relocating them, all while helping to reduce the population of humans that are breeding like rats & chasing all the native species from their natural habitats. Image Image Image Image Image Image

Boy, I sure would like to play my evil druid concept in someone's game....
filemaniac wrote:I'm still all for fire and demolitions...
Well, I figured that. I wouldn't expect you to be happy with anything less... :flamethrower2: